Is there any danger in stopping prednisolone abruptly after 3 weeks? I was started on 30mg and a week later ophthalmologist suggested I increase to 40 mg prior to test for GCA. Had the biopsy done, in the mean time GP follow up blood test result showed that inflammatory markers were well down. Told nurse my pred. would run out in4 days (at the weekend) And requested new prescription. Went to collect it of the Friday and chemist said it hadn't been sent, went back to gps spoke to receptionist who said request had been seen already but not ok'd by doc. She didn't know if it was an oversight or if I should no longer be on the drug. She said she would see the doc and ask him again for it and that the prescription if required would be sent through to the chemist. I got up Saturday morning ,went to the chemist... No prescription . Explained all this to the chemist, she said if I had just run out she would have had no problem giving me enough for the weekend but because the doctor knew and hadn't acted she was concerned and called the out of hours service who authorised it . Now I M wondering if the good blood tests mDe the doc decide to stop medicTion. I feel like a drug user trying to get something I am not entitled to. Weepy, over emotional, angry, feeling all this isn't helping. Still waiting for biopsy result although surgeon said artery was friable (not good) but patent (good) ... Looked this up and got even more anxious. dreading going back to docs tomorrow to sort this. Live in rural area so no choice in doctors. Sorry for sounding off here and everything so negative , I just needed somone to talk to. I am lucky really , nearly all the pain has gone and even the headaches have stopped . I just don't get why I feel so unable to deal with everything / anything
calmly and rationally.