Pernicious Anaemia Society
14,273 members10,218 posts

NHS Choices and Healthunlocked

If, like me you have a GP who is cynical about advice received on Healthunlocked and regards it as a forum for cranks and quacks (or maybe hasn't even heard of it), you might find the following article useful (with a quote from an NHS manager!)

Paul Nuki, chief editor at NHS Choices, said: “HealthUnlocked is a fantastic platform, offering many benefits to healthcare as a whole. We often refer NHS Choices users to HealthUnlocked forums, fully confident they will receive first class peer-to-peer advice. It's all about expert patients sharing their knowledge and, in turn, creating a new generation of experts.”

The company said that before joining its community seven out of ten patients on HealthUnlocked had never spoken to another patient with the same condition before."

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Thanks for that seamail57. It's worth quoting to those doctors who scoff and scorn . But will they take heed? Doubtful, as they are so arrogant .,

But it makes us .as members feel better about ourselves !

7 likes

this is the closest I have been able to find

businesswire.com/news/home/...

but have asked on the administrators forum so may be they will come up with something more direct.

1 like

Does Paul Nuki have any idea of how we struggle with gp's and how many si?

2 likes

One of my doctors said it was run by people who are obsessed with B12.

1 like

I'm sure you had a good giggle at that statement exhausted99, given that the majority of GPs / Endos know /care less about the devastating effects that undiagnosed Vit B12 def/PA can have.

That is just an opinion from him/ her not a fact.

J 😊

You may also like...