I just joined this blog and in a short time of perusing it, I learned a lot. So far, here is my top 10 list about what to do. Please add items--or post your top 10 list.
1. Exercise regularly--yoga and big movements; aerobic exercise--walking or vigorous. [Less likely to fall off an exercise bike than to fall when walking/running.]
2. To save money, ask your doctor for generic versions of meds.
3. Have a regular sleep schedule. If you sleep more than 4 hours, you are doing well.
4. Take B vitamins, but not mega-doses. Ask your doctor to test for B12 deficiency--that requires getting shots.
5. Eat a healthy diet with a lot of greens and fruit (esp. prunes) for constipation.
6. Avoid stressful situations.
7. Try to resist impulses (like shopping and gambling).
8. Keep a sense of humor.
9. Get a T-shirt that says "I have Parkinson's. What's Your Excuse?"
10. Help each other out.