OCD-UK
2,716 members786 posts

obsessional and intrusive repeating thoughts, phrases and words

Hi everyone

How graphic can I be - in the search to find a fellow sufferer or to give others hope that there ARE other people who suffer like me/like you.

I get swear words and suicidal commands repeating in my head all the time from morning till night....is so bad that I have on numerous occassions over the last year and a half have tried to take my own life to get peace for my mind.

on new and increased meds, but not very hopeful as been on similar before and it didn't help.

I would give anything just ANYTHING for a peaceful ordinary mind

I am a born again Christian and would be glad of any messages you may want to write to me.

you name it I've tried it..prostate in anguish in prayer to the Lord, fasting and praying, hundreds of fam and friends praying..practicing distraction and relaxation...NOTHING puts this devil away. I feel cursed and forgotten

any comments welcome

floralpenxx

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Dear Friend,

I'm Milind from Pune, Maharashtra, India. I was also severly suffering form Ocd. But I came across one book 'Break Free from OCD' by Fiona Challacombe & two more and I started getting results. Plz try to get this book immediately & read it. I got it from Amazon.in It has described the disease & mentioned the various treatments like CBT also.

I share your problem to a degree so am very sympathetic. I hope you are getting support from a counsellor as well as your medicines. Please take comfort in family, friends and your faith.

Hi Floralpen,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so bad at the moment :(

I also have constant intrusive bad thoughts in my head, they drive me crazy and get unbearable. I find that constantly distracting myself is the only way to get through the day. I read, watch TV, walk and I've recently found that playing games on my Playstation really helps, especially if it's a deep and engrossing game. It's a constant battle and the effort to keep permanently distracted is tiring in itself.

I've probably not helped much but if there's anything you can take away from this it's that you're not alone.

Best wishes and peace,

Sabre

1 like

When you say that you would do anything for a normal peaceful mind, echoes my feelings exactly as there are times when these unwelcome thoughts feel like they are going to take over. Strangely enough I have noticed that if I get up through the night and I am half asleep my mind seems to be much calmer. Perhaps I should dose myself with sleeping tablets and see what happens. Oh well just have to soldier on. Regards Castro.

1 like

I am also a born again Christian. It was a week after repenting to the Lord that the thoughts and "whispers" came rolling in. I was terrified! Certain the Devil was attacking my mind. My intrusive thoughts are aim towards my religion. I read they go after what you hold the most dear and would absolutely never do. My Grandma who I wish was here more then ever, was very spiritual and told me stories of demons going after those who seek to be better or get closer to Christ. The way she told it, I cant help but wonder if she experienced something similar. The thoughts plaque my mind. It's like tourettes. Even when I'm talking or watching something, I have this voice over constantly interrupting and playing like a broken record. Trying to replace "words" or persons, tricking the mind, doesn't work. Makes it worse. Suppressing them also worse. I feel to accept the words is excepting the meaning, which I do not. They are intrusive vile words and thoughts regarding the Lord and I hate every min. of it. I'm 34 and have never experienced such things. I have 2 kids I have to be there for and days I cant even shower, because I'm alone with my thoughts. I feel ashamed, crazy, disgusting, disturbed etc. Reading someone has been doing this for over a year is not comforting. It has been less then a month and I need it to STOP NOW! I saw a phycologist, and it felt more like a school counselor. No diagnosis. No suggestions or how to deal. Nothing. Only my sisters know the extent and what they are. The rest of my family would be completely terrified for me. My husband was never a believer until recent years. I've been slowly but surely working on him to come to the Lord. He would not get what I feel it is. I can not let the Devil win. This is the hardest thing I've ever been put through. I'm glad I'm not the only one, however I would give anything to have a peaceful mind again and not be included in this group.

hi there, I am having the same experience. I feel very alone. I wanted to take my relationship with God seriously and repented of my sins and 2 days later Bam! these curse words against the Lord flooded in. it's been 8 days now and i have lost all joy. I don't enjoy things I used to. i can't be around people anymore. I have to listen to praise music most of the time, my life is not the same. How are you coping? please i would like to know how you're doing. Be blessed.

Hey God is good, I invite you to Put your faith in being near our Lord, JesusChrist. Come to the Light Of the World, where there is a true Apostle of Jesuschrist. You won't regret getting to know the truth, it filled my empty spot in my heart, because the truth is at the light of the world church. At the light of the world church there is an authentic Apostle Of JesusChrist, and his name Naason. Here is where the true word of God is shared to all nations,tribes and languages. God bless you.

What I do is just accept the words and phrases repeating in my head, and I don't try to suppress them, that just makes it worse. Also, no matter how much prayer you do, it won't help. God helps those who help themselves. Furthermore, focus on your breathing and meditate, that usually helps me. One final thing that you can do is just accept the words and listen to music a lot. Here is a video that helped me, I hope it helps you.

I too have these intrusive repetitive thoughts!!! Perhaps i’ll Check out the book by Challacombe mentioned. I hope you’re doing better. I hate these thoughts too

READ PSALMS!!!:) & KEEP reading it:)

1 like

You may also like...