Very red rash has appeared

I started taking Hydroxy about a month ago and have had no side effects apart from mild headaches about 2 hours after taking it. Today I have a red rash about 5x5 cms above my left ankle! I know that rashes etc can be a side effect but if it was going to happen I imagined it would be on my face not my extremities! Has anyone else had this problem?

Love

Carolyn x

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi, I would have thought a drug related rash would be widespread. I had a brief Sulfa rash which covered my chest and arms. But it went away quite quickly.

Have you ruled out everything else like a bite or eczema?

Hope it soon clears up.

The main problem I have with Hydroxy is if I take it very late I can't sleep.

My Pharmacist recommends I drink lots of water because I take lots of tablets, so that they get flushed out efficiently. That might help your headaches.

• The hydroxy rash would be widespread as phoebe says and predminately on upper body

• Hi Chappy - I took Hydroxy about a year ago and within about 4 weeks started to get very hot, red and itchy arms. Didn't affect any other part of my body just the arms (weird). Consultant confirmed this was a reaction to the drug and I came off of it. Think maybe you should mention this to your Consultant. Hope this helps, take care.

• Thanks so much for your replies. I'm seeing rheumy nurse next week so I'll bring it up with her. Sounds like it's not to do with the Hydroxy.

Love

Carolyn x

You may also like...