Methotrexate injections

Hi everyone sorry I haven't been on here for a while. After months of suffering with bowel issues finally started on the Injections last Friday. The nurse came to show me how to do it and tomorrow i will do it on my on my own. Only snag is they didn't supply me a pen style but needles. The nurse said I could refuse to do it until I got a pen but I simply couldn't go another week without the methotrexate. I am experiencing the worse pain I have had in a very long time. Can't wait for my next rheumatoid clinic appointment on 2nd September.

Ok rant over inspite of the pain and stiffness I have been getting on with life including internet dating. I have met a lovely man but do worry that my health issues may put him off. Yes I know it shouldn't but it might.

Looking forward to catching up with all of you.

4 Replies

• Hi Sharon, glad to see you back here. Sorry to hear you are still poorly but I hope the mtx will help you very quickly. And if the blokes good enough for you , health won't be an issue!! Love will conquer all.... Xxx

• I opted for the syringe rather than pen for my Humira injections. My thinking was I wanted to see what I was doing. As the time approached for the first injection, I worried I'd made a bad decision. However the nurse said she thinks the syringes are gentler. And when the Humira started to sting as I injected it, all I had to do was to depress the plunger more slowly and the stinging stopped completely. I'm thinking syringes take a bit longer to get used to, but do have advantages.

More importantly, good luck with new man! I reckon most men don't give a stuff about things like health problems. Is he a toy boy though? Those 18 year olds can be a bit picky!

• Hi Sharon try not to worry. When i was injecting i found the needles very easy to use. Lovely to hear from you xx

• i cant take methotrexate im on sulfalsalzine hydrocholidridde quinn methroxtexrate agrgrovate my IBS

You may also like...