Checking in on Day 5

Just checking in as I come to the end of Day 5. I'm still at the counting the days stage and heaving a sigh of relief as I cross each one off but, and I hope I'm not tempting fate :eek:, today hasn't been too bad on the quit front.

Apart from a couple of cravings that appeared from nowhere and washed over me like a pang of toothache - ouch - I've managed to get through the day in one piece.

I just wish I had a few weeks under my belt instead of a few days but so far so good. Looking forward to day 6 (I think) :).

5 Replies

• Linda.....Good for you ! and congratulations. I am sure we will see you in/on day 6....

Getting easier from now on and Yes...the cravings will come in rushes !!!!

Researchers found that a person who stopped is getting about 6 cravings a day lasting 3 minutes each....

That means you need to be super alert for 18 minutes a day...and if you resist you are winning.....

Stay strong......

• Excellent Linda, listen I had a strong desire for a cig last night, very strong and I'm over 100 days in. Still, I let it pass and didn't think about a cig again till logging in here this morning. I guess it's different for eveyone but as long as we resist the temptation when it hits there will be less and less of them to battle. Stay strong.

• Still feel I'm having to try hard but another day almost done and I'm still here. Another day and it will have been a week, it seems to have been a long one but I know it's been worth the effort.

I don't seem to have much to say really, guess I'm just a bit depressed with myself for still trying to give up this addiction for the umpteenth time. I know for sure that I don't want to let myself down again.

On a positive note it feels so good not to be smoking, it actually feels good to ignore the cravings - all the same I hope they'll ease up soon though.;)

Thank you Hercu and Canwes, it is good to be able to share my tales of woe with people who understand and don't judge. I am trying to hang on to my sense of humour even though it's been a struggle since I embarked on this quit mission - hoping I'll return to 'business as usual' (smoking excluded of course) asap.

• Hello Linda

How you doing?

• Hello AnnMarie. Thankyou for asking and 'Yes' I seem to be doing okay and I'm definitely glad I'm not smoking. It's still a bit of a battle of wills at times but I do think things are slowly starting to improve and that at long last I've reached the point where I've really had enough of being a stupid smoker. Still a long way to go but at least I'm on my way and glad of it.

You may also like...