WARNING: If you start thinking of these as Witchety Potatoes, you may be hit with a massive earworm and find yourself humming 'the wichita lineman' for DAYS.
2 big baking spuds.
1 onion, chopped into teeeny bits
Little bit of oil.
Bout 100g cheddar or other yummy cheese
1 bag of spinach - think mine was 150g, or you can use frozen.
1) Put yer spuds in to bake.
2) Fry yer onion in a bit of not-too-hot oil (you choose, Or butter's great, but some of us are trying to cut down) till soft.
3) Grate yer cheese
4) Bung cheese, cooked onion and spinach in a BIG bowl and mix it up. Worry that ALL THAT SPINACH will be way too much. It won't.
5) Wait for yer spuds to cook. Have a cuppa, go for a walk, eat some haribo (delicious starter, I find)
6) When yer spuds are done, slice in half (helps if you've got really calloused hands.) and scoop the middles out. You've now got four potato skin cauldrons.
7) Mash the fluffy delicious spuddiness up in the BIG bowl with the other bits. And some chives, or whatever herbs you want. Pepper, probably. Give it some elbow grease, and by magic the spinach should wilt with the heat from the potato middles, and look more manageable.
8) Stuff the potato skin cauldrons with newly mixed innards, pack it in and heap it on, and shove em back in the oven.
9) Drink a nice G&T.
10) Eat. Magic. Best with my patented homemade un-tinned un-baked beans and a salad. Probably fab with bacon, you lucky carnivores.