In no particular order,
1. I do not want to get a smoking related illness which ends my life early.
2. I want to keep my toes! (I now have some circulation problems and I know someone who had to have their toes removed - A 60yr old male 40 per day smoker.
3. My daughter (18) doesn't smoke and dislikes me smoking.
4. My Son (16) smokes and I'm hoping me quitting will encourage him to do likewise.
5. I am unfit and get breathless easily - need a new healthy lifestyle.
6. I would have a bit of money to spend on myself each payday (not loads as I only bought 2 packs tobacco per month so around £34).
7. I will no longer smell like an ashtray.
8. Many of my family and friends are non smokers so I will no longer feel uncomfortable and anti-social at gatherings.
9. My husband is a non smoker and although he always said he didn't mind my smoking I think he worried about my health.
10. I need to lose a fair bit of weight, exercise when you can hardly breathe is awful and I always gave up before. Clearer lungs will help.
Amazed I thought of so many reasons, when I asked myself why I smoked my answer was always 'I like smoking' or 'I get stressed and need to smoke'. Rubbish reasons really aren't they.