6 months in, still worried though

Hello all

Hope this thread finds you well?

Well, this is my first post in the 6 months + though as the title says, I'm still worried.

I go on leave from work today and have a week in the sun booked next week, though I know I'll need to be on my guard as I knew my smoking always increased when in my jollies.

Anyway thanks to all who have posted and supported me over the last 6 months

Take care

3 Replies

• hi shaun and congrats!! when we quit we know that eventually we will have to face all aspects of life without smoking and this can be accomplished one moment at a time...dont think to much about it and when the time comes do what is necessary to not smoke...(within the law of course!):p

after 6 months quit you have a good understanding about what it takes not to smoke and have faith in yourself and know that if you havent smoked for 6 months that you wont now...you are able to face life without the crutch of smoking...you have already proved it to yourself and will continue to do so and i will see ya in the penthouse luv!! enjoy the smoke free sun!!:cool:

• Hi Shaun and well done on 6 months brilliant!!

I went on holiday to Turkey in June, I was 4 months quit, and like you worried. It used to be the balcony, cig and coffee or drink. pool bar with a drink and cig. Well just about everywhere on holiday, but you know what, it didn't bother me, didn't have to go and buy them as soon as I got there like before, and I really felt more relaxed and swam more, and joined in things I never would have when I was smoking!! yes me doing aqua aerobics:eek:

You really can enjoy with out those nasty horrible cigs, as you know, and 6 months is far to long to go back you would hate them anyway.

Have a fab smoke free holiday!

Maria. x:D

• Hi Shaun, try not to dwell on it as the more you think about it the more you are likely to smoke, I am sure that you don’t want to cause 6 months is a great milestone to reach and for me it definitely started to get easier after that point so it would be a shame to start smoking again now, but I am sure you want, have a great hol, where are you going? somewhere nice I hope.

Come back relaxed and brown and of course smoke free and make us all jealous with your next post..

You may also like...