I am seeking out others who may have a shared experience as am in a frustrating and nerve wracking place. I was diagnosed in Aug 2016 with DLBC Lymphoma, stage OK ...dr felt so confident that 6 rounds "gold standard treatment with RCHOP" would CURE this. 3 cycles and scan, good progress (original PET showed main mass in chest, one node near larynx and potential other node in neck) the defining biopsy was total removal of node at larynx. After 3 cycles echo only the mass in chest and making good progress on shrinking. Scan repeated at end of 6th showed more activity. Dr. says still aiming for CURE so different chemo and get remission then on to auto stem cell transplant. Did R-DHAP, 2 cycles and scan...."almost could call out remission" according to dr so did 1 more cycle. Transplant dr. Felt response good enough to move forward but I remembered our initial consult when he stated best outcome for transplant if inn complete remission - I asked if scanning again as my onc had talked with me after the last scan and decidion to complete 1 more cycle and wed discussed repeating scan after 3rd to be sure we didn't lose ground a did with RCHOP.
Transplant Dr didn't seem at all concerned as results of the first scan were good.... after much persuasion he ordered a C.T. Scan. Much to my sorrow I got a call back next day that this wickedly stubborn mass in chest had grown between cycle 2 and 3.
Transplant on hold and now advised yo try 2 yo 3 rounds of O-ICE ... just got home from that first cycle. Feels kinda like the rugs been pulled from beneath me and i am wondering how many chemo combos can we try???
Was told that my cancer is apparently begging chemo resistant so they are now looking at allo rather than auto transplant. I meet with him to discuss tomorrow but it took me a long time to grasp and prepare to hsve auto ....
Anyone else experience a resistant treatment and have to go through multiple regimens to get complete response??