Kidney Donation
346 members97 posts

Transplant

Hello All,

I am 3 days post transplant #2. My husband and I are part of a paired exchange program. I received a 24 year old kidney from someone at UCLA and Husband will be donating his kidney to a young 10-14 year old girl from the same hospital. Let me tell you when I say, this has all been very worth the experience, wait and recovery. Please don’t give up and keep fighting. Please send me a message if you have any questions! I will be getting discharged today and I’m feeling oh very blessed and humbled by this experience.

Love to All and Happy New Year ❤️🥂

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Congratulations to you both !!! The paired exchange programs is greatly widening the opportunities for both donors and recipients. I was fortunately able to donate a kidney to my husband.

3 likes

Loved your inspirational message. Thank you so much for cheering others on. Indeed, this is a very blessed and humbling experience that comes with an irresistible desire to share the journey with others. Thank you for sharing yours - full of hope and life!

2 likes

Congratulations to AlexysB27 and her husband. Best wishes for quick recoveries. Thank you for sharing this wonderful news.

1 like

How long did you wait for transplant?

For about 8 months, but was in failure for a year

Congrats on the transplant! I sure pray for you and your family to recover fully. We are trying to stay strong!~ It's definitely heartwarming and inspirational to hear stories of success.

Thank you so much. I wish you only the best in trying to find a donor. Have you considered paired exchange?

I can give you help. I can donate to you with one kidney

You are in Morocco. We are in the USA, Do they transfer it here to USA?

1 like

Yes i can to transfer to usa. This is my email: elghazi-youness@hotmail.fr

Incredible! Congratulations to you and your husband and family! Thanks for the uplifting note. I love seeing these.

Congratulations! That was wonderful to read! :-)

So happy for you. I do hope and pray that God gives you a happy, so much better, and amazing life ahead! You'll do awesome now! Miracles happen ....here's a toast to more Miracles 2018

You may also like...