Interesting Article: Ten Mistakes People ... - Kidney Disease

Kidney Disease

6,783 members2,734 posts

Interesting Article: Ten Mistakes People Make At Their Doctor's Visits

Bet117 profile image
Bet117NKF Ambassador

healthgrades.com/right-care...

22 Replies

That may be the best list for patients I've seen. Not every one of the 10 things is needed at every appointment but it's a great place to start.

Bet117 profile image
Bet117NKF Ambassador in reply to Mr_Kidney

Thanks! Hopes it helps and reaches many! :)

Bet117 profile image
Bet117NKF Ambassador in reply to Mr_Kidney

Absolutely, Mr._K, but it is a foundation of ideas!

B..

This list is very helpful. I will definitely consider it when I go to my nephrologist tomorrow. Thank you.

Bet117 profile image
Bet117NKF Ambassador in reply to AuntMishee

AuntMishee,

I'm so glad! Stay positive, print out your labs, check off any flags or areas of concern and discuss. It will all be good!

Please reach out and let me know the outcome!

B..

Hi there Bet117! :)

This is an excellent article. Another title of it could be: "Words I would say to my younger self." This article is great for younger people like I was at age 36, who have never been ill, or always worked jobs that didn't provide insurance. When you suddenly become ill, it can send you in a tailspin as there are so many new life adjustments all at once. This will save people ill or healthy a lot of time and give them a sense of control knowing what mistakes to avoid as these are all so common. Thank you so much for your considering sharing this. This is a great reminder for myself as well as this is a great way to center yourself when you are under so much incredible stress. I bookmarked this article for myself. Also, I never knew Healthgrades had articles. I only looked them up for doctor ratings. Thank you for that education as well!

So good to see you!

Have a great day!

Bet117 profile image
Bet117NKF Ambassador in reply to EYatNKFSvdMYLIF

Thanks, Katie!

If one life is touched than it is all worth it!

Will be in touch!

B..

I wasn't allowed to read this article in my area ie member of the EU. The UK left the EU a few days ago!

Nannie-C profile image
Nannie-C in reply to AnneEG

Just been told the same!

AnneEG profile image
AnneEG in reply to Nannie-C

Are you in the UK?

Nannie-C profile image

Yes.

AnneEG profile image
AnneEG in reply to Nannie-C

Can I ask do you live in or near Dundee. I'm in Anstruther.

Nannie-C profile image

I’m in Scone.

thanks for sharing - I would add - recognizing the doctor is a joke and not running away fast , find another

Bet117 profile image
Bet117NKF Ambassador in reply to Allank

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to me, Allan.

I hope that it serves as a guide to its audience.

Lol. Maybe note joke, but adding up to not doing their job is about the size of it and you as the patient deserve better care.

B.

Thanks for this link, Bet!

All 10 are important but perhaps most significant to me of all of them is the last #10 sentence:

"Remember, being proactive gives you more control over your care".

Bet117 profile image
Bet117NKF Ambassador in reply to FlowerPreciousLover

Absolutely, Flower Precious Lover!

All about working as a team! I agree with the #10 as well. Hope that it guides many.

Thanks for reaching out!

B.

Dear Bet117,

I have just 'Clicked', this link and been told that I can't access this- as my country is 'Member of the European Union'. Firstly, as of a few days ago, we are NOT and Secondly what Difference should THAT make anyway?

Can you please advise me further? Many thanks

AndrewT

Bet117 profile image
Bet117NKF Ambassador

Hi Andrew,

Let me get back to you. Luckily one of my closest friends is a resident of the UK, let me check in with her.

I am also going to try to send this to you in a private message and see if you can open it from there.

Sit tight!

B..

AnneEG profile image
AnneEG in reply to Bet117

I had the same problem!

Bet117 profile image
Bet117NKF Ambassador

Let's see if this works. Will send it to you in a private message.

Let me know!

Best,

B.

AnneEG profile image
AnneEG in reply to Bet117

Hi Bet still won't work but thanks anyway. I can't send private messages as this was my daughters phone and I don't know her email address.

You may also like...