My MSAA Community
3,769 members7,193 posts

Fully Favorable-2 Great Words

I just received notification that I am “Fully Favorable” for SS Disability says the SS A!!! The 2 best words I have read in a very long time. I am so happy and some of pressure has lifted from my shoulders. My last date of work was in Nov 2014. I will let that simmer a bit before giving my recent MRI results too much thought right now. Having Joy is a blessing. Happiness is good. 🙂

40 Replies
oldestnewest

Congrats!!

5 likes

Thank you so much 😊

4 likes

Cathy that was supposed to say congratulations I hate this spell check. I am happy for you 😃😊👋👍

5 likes

Thank you, thank you. Were you born in 1958?

4 likes

Yes I was it was a good year

Well it was until I was diagnosed in 2004 with MS

5 likes

I too was born in 1958. I was diagnosed in 1985. No treatment at that time. 🤷🏻‍♀️

4 likes

Congratulations! I was approved in February of this year after stopping working in 2015.

7 likes

It’s very humbling to say the least... I have worked continuously since I was 17. But having MS takes a toll

6 likes

Yes, it’s tough to come to terms with. It’s also not enough to live on if you don’t have a spousal income or other private disability benefit. 😔

6 likes

Yes. That’s true

5 likes

dianekjs i didn't know you could receive both ssdi and private LTD?

1 like

Private LTD will usually deduct the SSDI benefit from your LTD monthly payment, and they will probably lay a claim to your SSDI retro pay.

2 likes

I should have said employer-based disability, but yes you can receive both with some adjustments as Iona60 notes. I think most who have both can end up receiving about

60% of their prior monthly income in total benefits - a good friend is getting slightly above that and she did get to keep her full backpay. As I was self-employed with no employer-based disability, I’m not as well versed in those intricacies and variations. I just have SSDI, and it’s not a lot. 😔

4 likes

@iona60 and @dianekjs

I knew that...duh! Thanks for the reminder

3 likes

Looks like the @ isn't working for you either. It's not working for me on my phone.

1 like

It works some of the time @iona60

All Good information-l didn’t know any of this. Thank you all for sharing.

3 likes

Congratulations to you too

1 like

Catht, YAY! Congrats/Mazel Tov. It is great news isn't?😍 & now you'll be getting backpay that they owe you from whatever year you've been waiting on...❤🐾👍👍👍🙏Blessings!💵💵💵

5 likes

Thanks-its just amazing how long it takes

1 like

Congrats!! I was approved last fall.

7 likes

Yay! Still jumping through hoops for mine.

3 likes

Sorry you are still jumping through their stupid hoops. I hope you get yours soon as well.

1 like

It's been 16 months since my second denial and the letter saying they will send me a date for a hearing. No hearing date yet!

1 like

The government moves so slow when we are owed the money that we worked/paid into for but when they want to spend all our money then they have a free for all..so not fair. I hope you get a letter soon that you have a hearing date scheduled.

Jessie

I am SO happy for you, even though I know it’s bittersweet. I’m sure you are like most of us and miss working. It drives me crazy, I loved my job so much. But again, congratulations! Love, Kelly

2 likes

Yes you are right it is bittersweet. I never thought I would be in this position. I loved my job, I loved working. It’s still hard for me not to work or to understand I can’t work...

3 likes

Congrats! I applied in May (2018) and have been out of work since June 2017. Can I ask how long the process took for you? I know I’m in for a wait...

1 like

I was laid off November/2014. Ins. Ended in June/2015 due to severance. I knew I couldn’t go back to work due to my mobility and other issues getting worse. I was denied in writing and then Waiting for a court date was really difficult and frustrating. So much pressure. January/2018 was notified court date of early May/2018. Then waiting for final word end of July/2018. Crazy

1 like

Wow, that is a crazy long time! Thanks for sharing and again, congrats!!

1 like

I’m so thrilled for you!

2 likes

Congrats! I know how stressful it is to wait.

2 likes

Congratulations on the favorable decision. It boggles my mind that the process can take so long. It adds so much stress which can negatively impact MS. I hope this will ease your stress level.

3 likes

Yes very stressful. What made it worst, almost everyday this commercial would come on TV saying how fast and easy he could do it.

2 likes

Congrats CathyL82 I hope that your final outcome is approved and that you start to receive your money and backpay. Keep us updated, please ;)

Jessie

3 likes

I certainly will - thanks for your support🙎‍♀️🍦

2 likes

Congratulations!!

Leslie

2 likes

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations! I can relate to how difficult it can be. It is a true accomplishment. I saw a judge on July 23rd and she approved my application for SSDI. I was so excited and happy. It pays to be persistent. Good for you!

Well congratulations to you too. Very frustrating for me mainly since my Husband felt I wasn’t doing enough. Plus my mobility was getting worse...

You may also like...