Eastbourne Half 🌬💦

Eastbourne Half 🌬💦

First - I haven't been on the forum too much lately, having been ill with a chest infection and laryngitis earlier in Feb and unable to run or even go for a walk for 3 weeks..it's been good to catch up on all the news and hear about everyone's achievements.

A few weeks ago I wondered whether I would be able to do the Eastbourne half after all. But then I decided I was well enough to do it, even if I had to walk/ run it.

As you know the weather wasn't exactly ideal yesterday, and I did wonder whether I was completely mad as I ate breakfast in the very nice B&B just down the road from Princes Park where the run started. Looking out of the window at lashing rain and listening to the wind howling!

The field was mud, and I was glad of my binbag coverup before the start. It was very blowy but actually the rain was not too bad in the end ( I have done training runs in much worse!). The course was mainly flat along the seafront and round the harbour - just one killer hill at the BeachyHead end of town. I was walking quite a bit of that! Some entertainment along the way - drummers and a bagpiper - and of course the beautiful sea to look at, which I always love.

And afterwards the local leisure centre provided a lovely hot shower and changing facilities - very welcome.

i would definitely recommend this race, and would do it again!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

HealthUnlocked Health Blogger Awards

Which blogger has helped you lose weight or eat healthier?

Vote now

Featured by HealthUnlocked

19 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations on a good result in trying conditions!

• Thank you!

• Crikey, that sounds a bit more full on than Cambridge, at least (beautiful though it is) we weren't on the coast....😄

Lovely bling.......you were pretty speedy too!

Well done you.

Mx

• Thanks, the medal is very nice, lovely colour and big!

• Wow, that's fast especially if you've been poorly, very impressive. Lovely rainbow shot.

• The official time was 2:07:13 - yes I was really pleased! I just had to stop to take a photo of the rainbow- it kind of summed up the run!

• That's great, really well done.

That's a lovely piece of bling too.

• Thanks, the medal is lovely - really good size and nice design.

• oh shame I couldn't do this now with all that rain and the wind! but nice bling and wow look at that time!

• Thanks Ben! When the wind was behind me it certainly speeded me along, but running into it was hard work!

• Lovely pics, gorgeous medal and what a fab time too... huge well done to you :)

• Thank you! My legs are really complaining today, and that 3 weeks off is mainly to blame I think!

• Lovely pictures and a super speedy time! Well done🙂

• My official time was a little longer at 2:07:13, but I was still very pleased with that!

• ...and so you should be!🙂

• well done thats excellent! very speedy time ! i might try that one next year as have an aunty to stay with near Eastbourne :)

• Yes I would recommend it, it's not too big and well organised.

• What great pictures. That's a lovely medal and a brilliant time. Well done.

• Hot showers and changing facilities... how fancy! that sounds like a great reason already for it being a brilliant race.

The weather sounds a bit crap, but you did well. Congratulations!

You may also like...