ITP Support Association

Symptoms

Symptoms

For 7 months I’ve had only the occasional nose bleed. I started a new job and in the middle of the night woke up with my arm asleep and I had a big purple mark. Is this petechia

3 Replies
oldestnewest

No, this doesn’t look like petechiae, more like a big bruise. I often get these bruises on my hands for no apparent reason . They always fade away within a few days. Petechiae, on the other hand (no pun intended!), usually appear as a series of tiny red or purple dots. If you are worried you should ask your haematologist, if you have one, but I don’t think it is anything to worry about..

1 like

Thanks so much for letting me know. I have a hematologist but he is 3 and a half hours away so I can’t get to him easily. I fell asleep on my arm because I woke up with pins and needles in it and then I got the purple mark on my hand. Have a good night

Ah, that explains it, a pressure bruise. I get them when my daughter’s dog jumps up at me. I go in her house with my hands held out in front of me, trying to ward him off! Oh the joys of ITP.

2 likes

You may also like...