take it back.... side effects are horrible

Well, it seemed to good to be true. 4 days of Decadron and a shot to stop my menstrual cycle... Monday- Wednesday were fine... but by Thursday all has changed. My heart is racing NON STOP-- I am seeing double vision and I cant keep a steady thought for more than 5 min.

I have not been able to sleep - and I am exhausted.

Please tell me this will pass soon??

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I didn't have the double vision but had the other side effects you mention. My hands also used to tremble but it all went away once I finished with the steroids (Prednisone and Dexmethasone) - it will just take some time before you are back to normal.

• Sorry to hear that but I had a similar reaction each of the 3 times I did the Decadron pulse therapy. Your body is a bit in shock from quickly coming off the high dose steroids. It usually took about 3-4 days before I started feeling more like

myself.

It will pass...but it's frustrating and a bit scary to deal with while it's happening. Take it easy and rest as much as you can.

Wishing you well!

• Yes that's dexametasone for you. It settles quite quickly, but make sure you tell your doctor when deciding if you want to carry on with it. I hated it so much I prefer the longer slower effects of prednisolone now.

• It is awful. I managed about 2 - 3 hours sleep a night, and after several weeks was exhausted but could never rest. It does get better when you are off the drug.

You may also like...