Bright red blood 3 weeks post op

I am 3 weeks post op having had TLH BSO - (EVERYTHING removed ☹️) I have been having the brown/pink discharge since around day 5 however the pink discharge has been increasing in volume and this morning when I woke up I had bright red fresh blood. Yesterday and last night I did have an uncomfortable back ache and didn't feel quite right. Upto now I have been feeling absolutely great even considering I had a bladder trauma during op and was catheterised for 2 weeks. The hospital did phone me yesterday to say my urine sample has detected an infection so they have started me on another 3 day course of antibiotics. It just seems strange that suddenly started getting fresh blood loss and crampy tummy discomfort - feels like everything is "tightening" inside and have a feeling of heaviness in my vagina area. Also tummy felt tender and warm for last few days. Is this normal?

Last edited by

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi I'm only week and half post op it I keep getting bleeding on and off still housebound with the bladder pain and also have the pressure feeling in vagina .😖 Maybe your cramps pains are bowel pains with the infection and abx are they high does ones?

• Hi Alicepirate. Bleeding has stopped now it's just light pink discharge. Yes they were high dose abx but finished the course now. Still got 'heavy' feeling in pelvis and every time I pass urine there's a tightening inside my pelvic area but I assume that's due to the trauma I received to my bladder. Getting lots of night sweats now too. Going to see gp to get some hrt. Hope you are doing ok. It's a long road so take care xx

You may also like...