Inform the future of pacemaker remote monitoring

Do you have a pacemaker, use a home monitor and are based in England?

Arrhythmia Alliance is looking for participants to take part in a face-to-face discussion to gain feedback on current pacemaker remote monitoring and future technologies.

If you fit these criteria and are interested in taking part, please email pippa@heartrhythmcharity.org.uk with your full name, age, address, availability and the make of your pacemaker and remote monitoring system for further details.

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Hi!

I don't fit these criteria, but was wondering: Does NHS pay remote monitoring for "normal" pacemaker patients, without CRT or ICD? In Germany, at least according to my knowledge, those who get remote monitoring are ICD and/or CRT patients, but no pacemaker patients that have a single oder dual-chamber device only. I'd expect that the NHS with its tight budget and strict regulations doesn't cover remote monitoring, unless a patient is high risk.

I recently had my pacer replaced with a Biotronik Evia that allows for remote monitoring. However, neither I nor my EPs think that I need it at the moment; just doesn't make much sense in someone who doesn't have heart failure or lethal arrhythmias. But I know that in the U.S. lots of pacer patients get remote monitoring, even if all they have is probably a simple heart block.

Anyways, good look with your research and I think it's great that you are directly getting in touch with the patients being monitored, and not their cardios!

Berlinerin

You may also like...