So many members here have amazing stories of how it took 10 yrs or more to get diagnosed with Coeliac Disease or another condition that was in fact causing their symptoms. I think it would be useful for us to share these & our actual diagnosis so that newbies in search of help are better prepared when they chat to their GPs:
My own experience - I was told I had:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Low Iron
- Acid Reflux (Peptobismal & Gaviscon were my friends)
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Loss of tooth enamel
- Slow blood clotting
- Mouth ulcers & cuts at corners of lip (due to low iron)
- A Recurrence (!) of Glandular Fever
- Abnormal Smear tests (these were fine after going GF)
- Recurrent Thrush infections each month
- Elevated Testosterone
- A virus
- An inner ear infection
All before I actually was diagnosed with Coeliac Disease.
What were you told / labelled with?
e.g. depression, stress, IBS?