Strange sypmtoms, Gluten or not ?

I have had some strange sypmtoms for some time now and I can't fathom out if they are related to Gluten or not !

My last TTG test was negative 3 so I don't think so as I have not had any loo problems for a long time.

I have constant red elbows, but not dry skin they just look inflamed at the points.

When I lay on my pillow at night I get a pulse in my right ear that is very annoying.

Every morning when I get up I have some kind of mucous on my bottom lip.

Has anyone else ever had any of these symptoms or know what they might be related to ?

3 Replies

• Hi Gman

It doesn't sound like any gluten related problem I know of.

Perhaps the mucous thing may mean that you are breathing through your mouth when asleep?

Check with your doctor if you are concerned.

• Hi Penel

sorry for not replying earlier it has been manic at work lately.

it is definitely food related as I managed to get rid of all my strange symptoms about 2 years ago before things went totally crazy

mentioned this to GP, Gastro, Dietician, Immunology and even Infection dept. but they either look at me daft or tell me they haven't a clue, I have even shown them photos on my iphone.

perhaps I should write my crazy story and post it maybe someone else might know something if I elaborate a liitle

• Only just seen this post. I get red itchy elbows which sometimes puff up into blisters and it's biopsy-confirmed dermatitis herpetiformis. My elbows are where it starts and are sometimes my first warning that I've had gluten. I dont get the other symptoms though.

You may also like...