Fertility Network UK
14,287 members23,501 posts

Period cramps / ovary pain 2dp5dt

Hi ladies,

Had 5 day embryo transfer on Wednesday, tonight I've been having period cramps and slight pain in right ovary region, has anyone else had this? x

17 Replies
oldestnewest

I had my transfer on Tues and also feeling similar, very aware of feeling like my period is coming and twinges in the left side of my body. I know i am over analysing everything and should try and forget about it and keep busy but it is so difficult! The last 3 mornings I have been lying on my back during night and when turn over when i wake up i have felt a really sharp pain in my abdomen. I think all of what I am feeling is prob from the progesterone though. Is funny as although can't wait until I test, I don't want to test as know the dream and the hopes from all of these feelings is over if negative. What a journey this is!!

Wishing you a positive result!!

1 like

Hey 👋 Your ovaries are probably still a little active from EC hence the ovary pain. Are you on progesterone? That can cause cramping and bloating. Hang in there... xx

1 like

Thanks x

Try not to worry all these symptoms can be the sign of a successful transfer. My advice is do NOT Google your symptoms and do NOT test early as this just adds to the stress. I am wishing you all the very best for that BFP xx

I'm definitely wanting a POSITIVE

2 likes

Sorry my phone must have changed it! Of course you want a big fat positive. It was a typo and sorry if it upset you xx

1 like

I will delete it xx

I've now edited it instead! Sorry again and have my fingers crossed for you xx

Don't worry, thank you x

1 like

Seem to be getting more cramps this morning. Trying to ignore it, but it's hard. I reall6 truly hope that it's just implantation pain. Have tried to call hospital about my progesterone levels this morning, but have had no reply and left a voicemail. Feeling a bit anxious now x

Hey 2018hopeful. I’m in the exact same boat as you. Got my transfer last Tuesday. And I feeling exactly what you are...light cramping that feel like period pains. I’m hoping it’s the progesterone or some sort of implantion going on. I guess all we can do is try our best to stay positive, in one way I can’t wait to test next wk and then on the other hand I’m dreading to test Incase it’s not the result I want.

What a journey, hopefully we will both be blessed with bfp ❤️❤️❤️

1 like

Good luck with your test, hope it's positive! When have you been told to test, I've been told to wait 2 weeks - so 29th August x

1 like

My clinic have booked me in for blood test on Monday the 27th. They said I can do a home test one the day before. So I guess I will have a good idea Sunday next wk... eek!! Let’s keep each other updated on our symptoms. My boobs are a little tender too are you the same and I’m really tired 💤 Just had an hr nap

The progesterone pessaries give symptoms like sore breasts/ nausea and that. They warned me they would give me "pregnancy" symptoms. Today has been tough, very emotional. The nurse from the clinic called me this afternoon and advised I take 3 pessaries a day over weekend as my progesterone blood tests are still not back from yesterday, she said it would be a precaution. Good luck with a week Sunday x x

Hi are you nhs or Private? I had a fresh cycle on nhs that failed and they said they won’t check my progesterone levels, due to do FET tomorrow and worried, I’m already taking 3 progesterone pessaries per day and I did with fresh cycle too. Grateful for any advice - good luck with your treatment x

I'm nhs in Wales, my clinic says they routinely check progesterone levels 1 weeks after starting the pessaries. I was started on 2 daily. Not sure what the maximum is that you can take. Good luck with your transfer tomorrow! Relax and take time to put your feet up at home x x

Thank you for replying, the clinics all seem so different don’t they? Mine flatly refuses to test my progesterone again after initial tests before treatment started which is over a year and a half now ..

Good luck for 29th and 27th guys xx

1 like

You may also like...