Advice for first appointment please

Hi everyone, after 5 years of pain I finally got referred to a gyne and I have my first appointment tomorrow. I wanted some advice from all of you, what should I say to the gyne? What questions should I ask him? What should I mention?

I have already made a list of my symptoms which I will tell him but I really want a fast solution to my problem. I think most of my symptoms are endo they include painful heavy periods, pain during and a week before my periods, nausea, fatigue, dizziness, back pain.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Have you got any record of exactly when you've been having pain, what type and where? They may also ask you about other symptoms, such as bowel/bladder problems too.

Don't be afraid to tell them exactly how it has impacted your life.

Its worth discussing your thoughts on family planning too (e.g. My gynae did a dye test during my laparoscopy to see if my Fallopian tubes were blocked or not), and which (if any) hormones you've had (pills).

Hope it goes well for you x

• thank you so much for your advice, i will definitely keep that in mind.

and yes i do have painful bowel movements forgot to mention that, and sometimes when i hold my bladder i do have a discomfort and sometimes i feel like i am weeing a lot, i dont know whether to mention about the bladder or not.

and can i ask do you have a ultra sound on your first appointment?

• Hi, I'd already had an ultrasound by then (which didn't show anything).

I suppose that even if you don't think something is related to the issue, mention it, just in case.

They may have a bit of a press on your tummy, see if you have any hard bits in your abdomen, but for me that was just a case of roll my top up and undo my top trouser button, no more undressing than that.

You're heading in the right direction, which is good xx

• thank you for your advice, will definitely mention everything you said :)

You may also like...