My mother who was 85 when she passed away in september last year. She was a chronic diabetic and suffered the loss of both her legs. She lived for 8 years after the loss of her two limbs mainly because of five reasons:
- She had tremendous will power.
- Her efforts at living a normal life were 110%.
- The most positive person I have ever seen.
- Her extreme faith in God. She was a great devotee of Mother Mary
- She loved to have people around her.
Inspite of all these strengths her weakness for sweet dishes was unparralleled. It was a herculean task keeping her away from sweets. She went through extremely difficult times when parts of her leg were removed in stages.
Having said all this, I must say that she was an inspiration to all of us and continues to be so . She taught us how to overcome the most critical moments in life. May God bless her where ever she is.