Week6 run3 Done OH YES. :-D

After reading everyones blogs yesterday about running in blizzard type weather I felt so guilty for not going out and doing run 3 yesterday, so decided today I was going to do it come hell or high water. So up I got at 8:15, had my coffee and breakfast and headed out the door at 9:40. And too my surprise it was relatively mild considering the snow on the ground, which I might add was neither slippery or slushy. So off I started feeling semi confident, then of course the gremlins made an appearance whispering their poison in my ear, well I told them where to get off (politely of course) and continued with my run. I think at some points I probably could have been over taken by walkers (haha) but I didn't stop, I speeded up and slowed it down accordingly, and when Laura said 1 more minute to go I did put a little more effort in. So according to Laura I am officially a runner. :-D I'm not sure I actually feel like a runner yet, but if she says I am then who am I to argue.LOL So 25 minutes under my belt WOOO HOOO GO ME! And my socks weren't even damp. :-D

Happy running everyone. :-)

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations, you should be pretty geared up now to finish the programme :) I completed W5R3 this morning and the sense of achievement after a 'long' run is awesome.

• Well done to you too.:-) I cried after I did week5 run3. LOL And yes that 20 minute run is a huge achievement, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. :-)

• Well done caz and roadrunner - both great achievements!

Peer pressure is sometimes a bad thing (teen angst! ugh!) but if it gets you outside running in snowy weather - not so bad after all!

:)

• Thanks Greenlegs. :-)

• Congratulations, I'm starting W6 tomorrow but luckily here in Belgium it's only very cold and no snow!!! And for tomorrow sun, what a great way to start the week :)

Good luck with the rest of you programme, nearly at the green badge stage ;)

• Thanks, and good luck with week 6. :-) Oh how lovely to be running in the sunshine even if it is cold.

• Well done, it was reading the blogs that got me out on Saturday to do my run. Sometimes you just need that bit of inspiration ! If we can do it in this weather we can do it in anything.

• Brilliant, well done! I think that the secret is not to think about it too much, just get on and do it. And you are a runner - really!

• Yay, awesome! I really hope that the weather perks up for us all a bit soon.

On the other hand, I normally run 5/6ish pm, and today I noticed that it was light for the whole run. Strange, as I used to even start in the darkness. So Spring IS coming. Eventually :D

You may also like...