Wot no Laura?

Set out to a new field to attempt the 25 min run in W6R3. Lots of stern talking to myself to try and dispel the 'I don't think I can do it' thoughts.

Got to the site (a school playing field, much bigger than the small park I have been running round and around and around). Headphones on, ready to warm-up walk......and my Nano was completely dead! Argh! No music. No Laura. Noooooooo!

Luckily I have recently treated myself to a cheap heart rate monitor, so after fiddling around for 5 mins, I worked out how to use the timer!

I'm so pleased I didn't turn back - as after a difficult first few minutes, I found my stride and completed my first 25 minute run in a very very long time (15 years?). Still going v slowly - but just planning to keep going with the programme and hopefully work on speed later!

Hurrah!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Fantastic, well done you

• Well done! That's brilliant to have pushed through the initial set back of the music not being there. Keep going!

• Well done, W6R3 is a biggie!!!!

• Well done. It would have been so easy to just go home, so really well done.

You may also like...