Last "proper" training run before the Drymen 10K

Last "proper" training run before the Drymen 10K

connect.garmin.com/activity...

I ran from Saltash (home) to Plymouth Hoe. 6.49 miles; it was hot; the grinding, strength draining, sweaty, chucking water over myself "hot" that arrives in the dog days of August.

OH met me on the Hoe with a pre-packed bag of more water, a wet flannel, towel and deodorant, and a change of clothes and shoes. One quick trip to the large loos on the Hoe and I was good to go, although the little old lady coming out of her cubicle was a trifle startled to see me flannelling myself off at the one and only sink there! (I was still dressed at this point I hasten to add). I did explain to her that I had just run 6+ miles and needed to freshen up!

Anyway, that's that. Apart from a couple of short interval type runs (3 or 4 miles max) anywhere I can find to run oopcountry (we are off on our hols tomorrow) I will not be doing anything else till the event. Photos will follow!

Have a great couple of weeks all you athletes!!

CaroleC

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Lovely photo Carolec! Your OH sounds like a star! Have a great time on your holiday, look forward to hearing how you get on!

• Have a great time Carole, good luck with the race.

See you later!

You may also like...