Week 6 Run 3 - Loved it (after first 5mins!!)

Set out Monday morning in perfect conditions (for me that is) cool and drizzly. After the warm up walk I found the first 5mins really hard and thought I'd never manage 10 mins let alone 25! Don't think I set off too fast just takes my old body a while to get pace and breathing sorted. The further I went the better I felt. By the end of the 25mins it was raining heavily and I was more than a 5mins walk from home so I carried on running for another 3 mins then did my walk! Laura says I'm now a runner so it must be true!!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done. I have this run to do tomorrow and secretly I'm looking forward to it.

• By now you have probably done your 25mins run - hope it went well?! I think it's the run that really makes you feel you are a 'runner' at last.

• Well done, I usually find the first few minutes of every run the hardest. I've got this one tomorrow & know what Angela means, I'm secretly looking forward to it (& a bit nervous too!)

• Hope by the time you read this you have successfully run for 25mins - feels great yes?!

Did W7R1 last night which is just the same (walk 5 run 25). Still didn't like first 5 mins - think it's something that may improve with time or I'll just have to accept is normal for me.

You may also like...