Running with a friend for the first time

HAppily repeating W6, after some time off due to an injury and a holiday. It's tough, but I'm getting back into it. New challenge tomorrow - though - I have signed up for a 5k in May with a friend of mine and she asked if we want to go running with her tomorrow! It will be my first time running with another person, and a bit intimidating as she is properly sporty...and, well, I'm not. Hoping I won't pass out! So glad I signed up ages ago for this run - I think I had some severe commitment wobbles over the past few weeks and having a goal has kept me focussed. Now to find a polite way to say to her that I'd rather listen to Laura than talk to her as we run around....

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • You'll be fine...I was a little nervous when I ran with a friend as I knew she was faster than me. It all went fine & I loved running with someone...have to say though that on occassions I could only manage one word answers whilst talking. :)

You may also like...