headaches

Does anyone else suffer with this? I am on week 7 of the plan- which is going well! BUT I seem to get a headache each time i do a run. It starts off slowly as a mild one but by evening, its a full blown one.

Dehydration was suggested as a likely cause but i now drink water constantly through the run.

I run at my local gym and follow it up with a hour's workout of zumba, body pump, yoga or plan 'ole' aerobics. I now eat a fruit when i complete my workout.

Any ideas of how to rid of these headaches? They are getting me down.....

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • There are three things which give me a headache when I exercise. Being a little dehydrated is one.

Not replacing carbohydrate stores is another - people who start a low-carb diet often complain of a headache at first. The brain needs carbohydrates to work properly. You don't have to drink sports drinks, a banana and then a sandwich for lunch is fine.

Finally, could it be a tension headache? If it was less severe on the days you do yoga, that would be my guess. You are doing a lot of cardio, if you are hunching your shoulders or getting a tight neck then that can cause a headache. Stretches for those areas can help.

• Also we often drink less water than we realise, you say you drink water constantly through your run, but what about the rest of the day?

• I am the same I'm on wk 8 run 3 and have had a headache after my last 3 runs so have upped my fluids and I tend to sip whilst running. It seems to have done the trick today though. Hope you have managed to find a solution to your headaches too :)

You may also like...