Couch to 5K
65,196 members98,509 posts

Music, Yay!

I haven't listened to music while running so far as I wanted to concentrate on the times, but now I'm on W5 and the running is getting longer I decided to plug in.

Wow, what a difference it makes! I cued up a couple of lengthy classic rock tracks with suitable plod-along tempo's then set off, and the two 8 minute runs flew by. Instead of clock watching and thinking about little aches and niggles I trundled along and completed the run more easily. It almost felt like cheating!

Perfect timing too, as my next run is the W5R3 20 minutes, which I've been a bit nervous about, but with the help of the music I have more confidence I can achieve it.

If anyone hasn't tried listening to music while running I can highly recommend it. It really does help. Just cue up some favourite tunes and groove on down the road...

2 Replies
oldestnewest

I agree and I just love running to music. You do have to keep an eye on your pace though. I find a fast track makes my legs go round that much faster!

1 like

I agree, my killer tune is upside down by Paloma Faith I do a weird run/dance step thing and it's faster than my usual, I credit her with my personal best km....

1 like

You may also like...