New Route 800+ Feet Ascent in 3.4 Miles - Old Scenic Road

New Route 800+ Feet Ascent in 3.4 Miles - Old Scenic Road

After walking 800+ feet up to the summit in 3.4 miles, I started recording on Strava and jogged back down this ridiculously technical eroded out road. Descending from 7400 feet to about 6600 feet.

It's 82° F right now. I didn't intend on doing this. I merely wanted to find this road. Once I did though, it was all over. I was going to the top. No water for two hours of this. I easily burned 1300 calories on this one.

Those rocks are the road.

strava.com/activities/97399...

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow

• My first thought exactly!

• That's some seriously rough terrain to run on. Well done for getting down without doing your ankle in!

• It's an eye foot coordination technical training ground for sure. In some places, all I do is a prance type thing if I want to keep moving and not walk. I will progress to going up this section and down a better road. This was an impromptu scouting trip.

• You are nuts! A man after my own heart! Where I am at the moment is built on limestone, what isn't paved looks a bit like your pic, although the rocks are smaller. Do take care though, make sure someone knows where you are, and carry your phone won't you?

• Thank you, I do carry a phone. Find my iPhone is on. Soon, I'll be using Premium Strava so anyone I choose can see me moving about live. I also carry bear spray in case a cougar or bear gets interested in me. We are in bear and cougar country. Although right now, the bears prefer town since it's easy pickings for them.

• OMG! 😲

• Looks tough.

• I love it up there. The smell of pine and soft breezes, the vistas. Wonderful.

You may also like...