Had a break of about 8 days between runs so went out Monday with some trepidation. I was right to feel apprehensive as I had to stop at 4 and 9 minutes. I usually run with a friend but was alone and as a result, went out too fast and paid the price. So, having had to stop I decided I'd try to keep going until I hit 5k which I did manage to do. But that wasn't good enough so the next day, as I had the chance to run on a level track along the banks of the Taff, I decided to try to go for the 5K non-stop. I did it in 36.08 and I was going to post a picture of my Garmin to prove it but it won't upload. Newly motivated, I am going to join a running club to help me get through the Wintert dark nights and also do a Mo-run in November just keep running...

4 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done for persevering, what a positive attitude you took to it! That sounds like a great time for a 5k, you can't have been hanging about much, jealous me!

• Well done! That's the way! Good time!๐Ÿ˜Š

• Well done for getting back into running! It can be hard after a break.

Depending on how long you've been running for, it actually takes around 10 days for you to start losing fitness - so I'm sure you are just as fit as before, but the issues you mentioned with motivation / running too fast / lack of a running buddy got you down. But remember that you still managed to run 5k! You're still fit and able, feel proud of yourself and keep up the great work :D

• Go you! :)

You may also like...