Greetings from the other side

AussieNeil very kindly suggested some people were concerenrned as to what had happened to me post transplant and asked that I post to reassure people that I am okay. So here I am, okay. I was discharged from hospital last Friday, May 29th, and to be honest I was not in great shape. The transplant had been a success - my bloods were all "normal" and I didn't need any products, but three weeks of not eating and drinking poorly had taken their toll.

A week later, thanks to my wife's cooking, I am on the mend and able to get up and about. I have three months to recover before work. Many thanks for all concerned messages, I have been deeply touched.

Steve (zentangle)

18 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Great news Steve. Keep well and get strong.

• That really is wonderful news Steve and I'm delighted to hear the transplant has been a success! I can imagine it's been very hard going at times.

Take time to regain your strength and look forward to much healthier times.

Great news and thanks for the update.

• Lovely to hear that Steve. I have been wondering how you've been doing. Take it easy and keep your strength up. Post when you can and let us know how it's going.

• Wonderful news.

• Good news! I wish you a fast recovery 😊

I had my allo transplant 45 days ago.

Keep us informed about your health please 🌸

• That's great news Steve, keep up the good work and I'm sure with the help of your friends and family you will soon make a full recovery.

June X

• Thanks so much for the update, Steve. It's a great relief to hear that you are OK. Good that you've got another 3 months before going back to work.

Take care,

Wishing you all the best,

• Wonderful news to hear Steve for both yourself and your wife. Enjoy the summer.

• Great news, wishing u the best!

• Fabulous news.....and keep eating!

• Steve,

Screw work. Don't rush it. Then it's time to......πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸ·πŸ·πŸ·πŸΈπŸΈπŸΈπŸΈπŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ» and continue to πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜·πŸ˜·πŸ˜·πŸ˜·πŸ˜·.

I'm so happy and excited for you. Stay strong.

• Great news Steve, Terry

• Hi Steve

So absolutely delighted to hear from you. I think many of our community have been wondering how you are, those who write and those who lurk.

You have been through the most difficult of times and come through the transplant, that's a huge step forward. May you soon regain your health and strength and enjoy all life has to offer without any further setbacks.

I'll raise my glass to your future when I have my wine with lunch.

Best wishes

• Cheers!

• Great news Steve - so glad you are doing so well.

Take care

• Fantastic news! Stay well.

Paul & Fran ☺️

• Good news Steve, all the best for the future.

• go, Steve, go!

sending all good wishes! my husband is over 15 months post HSCT now. still working on GVH issues but the transplant "worked" and no CLL is detectable. we just have to convince New Guy to stop attacking various bits of Old Guy :)

You may also like...