Care Community
4,332 members807 posts

Diagnosis

Thank you all for your advice. My mother had dementia and my sister has Alzheimer's, I do worry that I may have it coming as my right hand shakes just like my sisters. I also do forget simple things like someone's name the word for things that I am talking about. Sometimes when I am in the shower I can't remember what I have to do next, it does come back after I have put the wrong product on my hair. Sometimes I can forget where I am briefly. I I don't know if a diagnosis can be given at this early stage.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Go to your GP and speak to him/her, it can be extremely dangerous to self diagnose.

The thing is I have Dementia and I find it very annoying when people say I’ve got that and the haven’t a clue what it is or what it’s about.

Please to your gp because it isn’t a good thing to have, believe me.

1 like

Hi Lucas1952, and welcome to the forum. As Philip has suggested, please make an appointment to see your GP to discuss your concerns so a diagnosis can be made. Also, please stay on this supportive forum so that you can receive help from other members. Thank you and best wishes.

1 like

concentrating on your symptoms will make them appear worse than they are.

I often forget things too, and cannot remember why I have come into a room.

My mother had dementia and so I try to make my life different to her life, I do wordsearch, take photographs, go out for walks, join local activities, keep busy for most of the day. I also have to watch out for lack of energy, so some activities are not so physical as others, but the aim is to keep my mind as active as possible.

3 likes

Sounds like a good way of living.

1 like

You may also like...