British Liver Trust

Elevated Levels of ALT and AST

Hi. My daughter who is 2 years and 6 months old has been diagnosed with very high values of ALT and AST. She has deranged cognition profile also. We are currently in Pakistan but will be moving to South Korea for 2 years in April. I want to know if some one had such issues or can guide me about its detailed diagnosis / treatment. Her all basic tests have been conducted and doctors have recommended LIVER BIOPSY. Looking forward for guidance / help. Regards

1 Reply
oldestnewest

Hello Yasir467, this forum is largely focussed on adult liver disease and no one here is able to really comment on Childhood Liver Conditions.

If you join the Children's Liver Disease Foundation page you will probably get more age appropriate advice for your little one.

There are numerous conditions which can affect very young children with the main one that springs to mind being Biliary Atresia and there are certainly members of the CLDF page who are undergoing assessment and treatment for this condition including other posters from Pakistan.

I hope you get help there. Page can be found at:- healthunlocked.com/cldf

All my very best wishes to you and your family.

Katie

5 likes

You may also like...