I'm new here - as in just registered a few minutes ago! So, first of all let me give a little background. I'm a 25 year old female with a long list of medical issues. I was born with a club foot, I have been recently diagnosed bipolar, I have anemia, arthritis (in just about every joint in my body), scoliosis, GERD, and a history of DVT/PE and high blood pressure in pregnancy only. Those are the official diagnoses.
Here are the symptoms that have yet to be diagnosed.
- Pain in my right side below the ribs (being treated with buspirone currently)
- Enlarged liver, portal vein, spleen and kidney
- Constant nausea anytime I eat anything at all, followed by either constipation or diarrhea (depending on what I eat) and stomach pain
- Severe hair loss (I have VERY thick hair so it's not noticeable just from looking but the hair-splosion in my bathtub and hairbrush begs to differ)
- Tiredness/Dizzyness/Overall feeling like crap
I have had blood tests, CT scans, MRIs, Ultrasounds, a fibroscan and a few other tests. All came back normal. Aside from the enlargements listed above.
I am now being sent to a hepatologist for further review. All of the above tests were done by order of my GI doc who was treating my GERD. At this point I'm just nervous. I guess I don't really know what else the hepatologist can do to help - if anything at all. I mean from everything I've read the GI doc did all the standard tests.
So my question for you guys - what else is there? What should I expect at the hepatologists office?
*Side note - I do not drink regularly, maybe once a month if that.