Advice

Hi,

3 weeks ago I did a pregnancy test and discovered that I was 3+ weeks pregnant. I have polycystic ovaries so was convinced me and my partner would need to go through IVF. When we found out, we seen it as a blessing and am thankful it happened. However, over the past few days I did a bit of a Google search and found that ovarian cancer has the same symptoms as pregnancy and will give a false negative. I have done 9 tests which have all come out positive, but now I'm worried it's not actually pregnancy. I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow and wonder if I should mention this to her?

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi there

Yes I think there is absolutely no harm in expressing your concerns at your midwife appointment tomorrow. They will be able to run some tests to let you know for sure if you're pregnant or not.

I hope this helps and best of luck tomorrow.

Best wishes

Katherine

• Thanks Katherine.

Would they be able to tell me tomorrow if I am or not from any kind of test? I'm at the point of just needing piece of mind now

Thanks

• I'm sure they will do their absolute best to put your mind at rest and run whichever tests they are able to.

Best

Katherine

You may also like...