Introduce Yourself!: To best serve you... - Blue Faery Liver ...

Blue Faery Liver Cancer

Introduce Yourself!

AndreaWilson_Founder
AndreaWilson_FounderAdministrator
4 Replies

To best serve you, we want to know who you are. Are you a patient, a survivor, a caregiver (includes spouses, family, friends)? For an extra special touch, show us a photo of yourself, your dog, your cat, whatever you like.

For more privacy, mark the 'Only followers in my community' under 'Who can see my post?'

4 Replies
oldestnewest
spazure
spazureCaregiver

Hello all! My name is Azure (but you can call me spazure, my nickname and username here). I'm a 30something parent living with their spouse and 3yr old child. I enjoy knitting, crochet, and being more fond of toddler cartoons than is rational for one of my age. My current loves are Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood and Doc McStuffins, although my true love will always be Care Bears.

My exposure to liver cancer was brief, but extremely painful. My father was diagnosed 2 weeks before we found out (he kept it a secret, wanted to pass without worrying us...), and by then he was already in the final stage. We took him to the hospital on his birthday in June 2017, and he left us 5 days later. As such, I have very little insight into treatments, because while I heard about several -- we never had a chance to try any. I'm always happy to help people navigate confusing medical jargon and point towards excellent resources, however.

Mostly I'm here as a fellow caregiver to make sure everybody is kind to one another, safe, and nobody has to go through this alone.

Matthew_Loxton

Hi Everyone, I am a Blue Faery Board Member and also work in the healthcare industry doing monitoring & evaluation, quality assurance, and process improvement

My mission is to improve healthcare, and place the patient at the center of the focus!

AndreaWilson_Founder
AndreaWilson_FounderAdministrator
in reply to Matthew_Loxton

Welcome, Matthew!

Curly_Girl
Curly_GirlCaregiver

Hello everyone! I'm Wendy, and I'm a caregiver to my husband, Dave, who has primary liver cancer (diagnosed in March 2018). He is active here as well.

He's feeling pretty well at the moment (taking Nexavar) so my main caregiving is making sure that he has appealing food to eat (I love to cook!) and helping him stay active. We go to a local gym four days a week to lift weights and get some cardio, and we also get out and walk around our small town in southwest Michigan when the weather permits.

We live in a house that was built in 1900 and we have been slowly renovating it since 2017. It's been nice to update and clean her up, while maintaining those historical elements that make her so special.

Dave and I are both positive, upbeat people and we are fighting this with our heads held high and as much good humor as possible!

1 like

You may also like...