Log in
High Blood Pressure Support
1,610 members397 posts

High blood pressure?

I am a 33yr old female. My BP is usually around 110 over 70. Today its been 145/98 then 132/115 and 122/85. I have been having a hard time not going to emergency . can anyone tell me if these readings are safe or should I go in?

4 Replies

What is normal blood pressure?

Ideally, we should all have a blood pressure below 120 over 80 (120/80). This is the ideal blood pressure for people wishing to have good health. At this level, we have a much lower risk of heart disease or stroke.

If your blood pressure is optimal, this is great news. By following our healthy living advice, you will be able to keep it this way.

If your blood pressure is above 120/80mmHg, you will need to lower it.

Most adults in the UK have blood pressure readings in the range from 120 over 80 (120/80) to 140 over 90 (140/90). If your blood pressure is within this range, you should be taking steps to bring it down or to stop it rising any further. Our five top tips will show you how.

So you have fairly normal BP. Mine has been as high as 180/132

Visit the blood pressure UK website bloodpressureuk.org/Home for advice on how to keep your blood pressure witin the normal range.

1 like

Anxiety is the most common reason for BP going up.


Take a look at what you were doing right before your readings. I have traced an increase in my B/P to a stress reaction many times... like my mother in law getting sick and ending up in the Emergency Room, or my kitty or husband getting sick, etc. Those aren't bad readings overall, but do keep monitoring and tracking. And if they are making you uncomfortable, get with your GP. You probably don't need the ER at those readings. I have a spreadsheet that I record in twice a day just so I can see what it is doing. I take meds for it as well and that lets me see the effect of the meds. When they first discovered that I was running high, I was at 190 over something, so it does go up, but you don't want it that high. Best of luck..

1 like

I would suggest seeing a hypertension specialist for 24hr blood pressure monitoring to determine if you are truly hypertensive or have white coat hypertension. Also you can buy a manual blood pressure cuff and take your pressure at home.

1 like

You may also like...