Support

My Oh has copd as well as rheumatoid arthritis. He attends his copd nurse annuallly and they ask to see him 2 or 3 times in between. My gp knows of this and helps me look after my own health. I had major abdominal surgery in august last year but getting there with recovery I also have osteoarthritis in my knees,hips lower and upper back and wear wrist splints for carpal tunnel. I was wondering if there is any support for partners whose OH has copd. I have never been or been asked by my OH when he has attended gp or copd nurse for appointments so any information I have has been from searches on the internet. Initially when he told me he had copd and showed me the leaflet nurse had given him I became very upset, though obviously not in front of him. By searching for info etc I now try to take each day as it comes ( through the advice of a friend who is a carer) and in her words try not to let it rule your live's.I have days/moment where I feel down not for myself but for my OH and what may lie ahead.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi

The British Lung Foundation offer telephone counselling and you can speak to a nurse if you want to clarify information on 03000 030 555

Kind regards

Vicky

• I care for my husband who has very severe COPD. I find BLF and all the folks here the best when it comes to specifics about COPD. You might also try Carer's U.K. for support.

• Thank you for your replies. I will take note of these and keep for future refence.

You may also like...