INHALERS: My practice nurse has... - British Lung Foun...

British Lung Foundation
41,084 members47,159 posts

INHALERS

My practice nurse has suggested i try breath actuated inhaler ,salbutamol 100mc.

any one use this?

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi

Have used in the past both Ventolin and Ivor.

Useful if you have poor coordination, I find using a spacer just as effective, plus you can use normal tidal breathing, four breaths will deliver and empty chamber.

3 likes

Thanks

I have used easibreathe inhalers and now I use a fostairnexthaler They work by you breathing in the dosage. I find them easy to use. Apparently I wasn't using the normal puffer inhalers properly when I was first tried them so I was given the easi breathe type.

I found the ventolin blue inhaler next to useless, maybe i wasn't using it right

2 likes

There are videos on the internet showing you how to use the inhalers correctly also your doctor or practice nurse is suppose to check you are using it correctly. X

I’ve been using it since December as the consultant thought I was breathing in too quickly with the old one. It’s very easy to use if you’re just feeling a bit short of breath, but at my last asthma check a few weeks ago the nurse changed me onto a spacer as she said I was having difficulty breathing in as my cough was very active. I do find the spacer more beneficial.

1 like

i use spacer at home, i won't use it outside.

No, I’m the same. I think that’s why I liked Easi-Breathe. I won’t use the spacer outside.

1 like

You may also like...