Is this normal?

I had p neumonia about 3 weeks ago. Went for a ct scan a couple of days ago and my lungs are still cloudy. Am just wondering is this normal or something more serious. I am 53 and a non-smoker.

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • If you are a smoker, it could be something more serious. I have cloudy ct scans and mine is COPD lung disease

• The poster said they are a non smoker.

• What did your doctor say. I would say that you still might need antibiotics. But I don't really know.

• It could be that your lungs have not fully recovered yet. In General a CT scan is normally performed six weeks after the infection and the antibiotics last taken. Who told you that the CT was cloudy?

• You wouldn't normally be sent for a CT scan after pneumonia. Have you got other symptoms? Are you an ex smoker?

• This is quite common in northern hemispher. Due to our lving incold damp conditions. Once we getover 50. I am 76 and live most time in Thailand. I amstil, a smoker, over the last 4 yrs i have had this on average 2 times a yr

Drink plenty warm liquid and soup. Take a goid antibiotic not ones with the word MOXY in it. You do not heed a scan normal xray picks the whiteish patches up.

It will go and i amstill here. Back in the 40s this was a main killer in people. Take plenty of Vit C capsuls and Vit D3 with Vit K.

Do not let it stress you out. As kids inthe 40s we had it many times.

• Have you always been a non smoker smoker? Have you worked in a dusty environment? Think about the quality of the air you've inhaled over the years of your life. Pneumonia is a very serious illness for a healthy person to have. I am no longer Sue's husband, I am now Sue's widower as she died on the early hours of Friday 07/07/17 as a result of end stage COPD accelerated by double pneumonia. If you are concerned about the cloudiness on your lungs speak to a Doctor, if your not happy speak to another one. It is YOUR life, don't let neglect take it from you.

You may also like...