British Lung Foundation
34,288 members41,681 posts

Look at it this way!

You have won First prize in a competition, And you have £86,400.00 to spend every day for the rest of your life. You don’t have to spend all the money on yourself, you can spend it on Work, Relaxation or Leisure and it dosent have to be only for you, you can include your Family and Friends , Folks you don’t know, or even on Charities

There are however a few Rules

Firstly any of the £86,400.00 left over at the end of the day will be lost, it can not be carried forward into the next day.

Without giving you any form of notice. The Competition organiser has the right to withdraw the £86,400.00 at any time.

Not as easy as you may think. Lets look at this differently.

Instead of £86,400.00 lets say we have 86,400. Seconds (That’s a whole 24 Hours worth)

Spend each one wisely, Share them fairly between Work, relaxation, Leisure and Family and Friends. Folks you don’t know, or even on Charities

And remember. They can be taken away from you at any time.

Live every Second. Enjoy every Second

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Made me think dantredan and l would spend that time still caring for Pete and seeing our family.

Hope you are staying well in the heat. Xxxxx

2 likes

I keep going Shopping, Just to feel the Air-con in the Supermarket.

3 likes

Made me think too. If you don't mind I'd like to pass it on to my four teenage grandsons - it might make them think about the amount of time they spend on their phones without actually speaking to anyone🙄😊

4 likes

No problem Magpuss, talking of Grand children another little gem.

I wouldn't change my Grandchildren for the World.

I just wish I could change the World for my Grandchildren

5 likes

Oh, if only........

Very profound and very true.

Thought provoking and so true dantredan, thank you. Xx

What a great thought shifter dantredan.

Great way to make us think about how we waste our lives.Thanks

I love this!!

I saw a film about someone winning a fortune and having conditions put on them on how to spend it. Money isn't everything, the best things in life are free.

You may also like...