Im new :-) pain when breathing deeply

0 Replies

Hey everyone. im new. came here as ive lurked alot. and you all seem like a knowledgable bunch :-).

So about two weeks ago I suddenly devolped apain in my top left rib. under my breast. if I lay lie on the sofa with my back against the arm rest it hurts when I breath in if I lean over to tie my shoes same again or bend forward just leaning on the kitchen counter. I can feel it. when I breath deeply it hurts alot. I cant pinpoint if its coming from the back or front as it feels like it affects both.

I got a cold last week. which is clearing up now.

I mentioned it to my doctor and she said its just inflammation.

But im not convinced. as two weeks is along time for me.

I guess im worried as I work with dogs in a confined area. breathing in alot of hairs, dirt dead, skin (dog groomer 10 years) and ive heard of a condition called white lung disease.

Sorry for the long winded post

OCCUPATIONAL LUNG CONDITIONS

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I had a similar pain for a couple of weeks a few months ago,seen the doc same explanation.Turns out I had a small muscle pull on the right side of my chest. Not saying it's the same but it is worth a thought.

• Hello

Welcome, now you have decided "un- lurk" 😂

If you had this pain before your cold, it probably isn't connected with it.

Many things could be the cause of your pain....You may have pulled a muscle, perhaps while struggling with one of your 'clients' 🐩

As you are still in pain, l would see your GP again, who should be able to distinguish between a pulled muscle or a lung problem.

Good luck, and l hope you get it sorted.

xx

• Good luck to you and go back to your GP if not feeling better soon as need to get it checked out again. Xxxx

• Welcome to our site.😁 Don't believe you mentioned if you're coughing or short of breath. I would go with muscle strain. See if ibuprofen helps your pain. Please let us know how your feeling. Ruby🌹

• Welcome to the site, hope you get sorted soon :) x

You may also like...