Catching up

Catching up

Hi I'm just popping in to update really busy at the moment ..went for my review last Thursday and well I had spirometer done first time in 12 months no improvement after quit smoking. ..oh well. , had my inhaler changed again (don't know if anyone has the same thing)after I said the first puff is fine but the second feels harder to achieve so now only 1 puff a day and I got a refural for PR so hopefully that will be helpful ..and I am soon changing my role at work, I am stepping down as deputy team leader because they wanted me to go to 5 days a week instead of the 3 I'm doing (like my shift ) so no more stress x hopefully you are all well at the moment despite the weather. Here's a snapshot of my little man casper

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Casper's lovely, you have a little extra cash to spend now you've stopped smoking, plus - biggest bonus of all, nothing to beat yourself up over! It's all good, keep it up, and you may well find yet more improvements over time.

• Thank you xx

• maybe no improvement this time but next time maybe different and if its saying the same as last time that good , do you have a spray inhailer with a spacer , I been changed to fostair 2 puffs I told consultant after first puff making me cough a lot he said how do you take it I said puff into spacer and a steady deep breath in and hold my breath he said to breath in and out 5 times with my mouth still on the spacer then do same with next squirt of inhaler and should stop me coughing , might be easier like that for you unless you are on a powder inhaler

• Thanks for your reply I'm not using a spacer just the inhaler but down to 1 puff a day instead of 2x2 times a day long acting medication I haven't got it at hand to read but will let you know which one it is

• Good luck to you mazinuk and love the photo of Casper. xxx

• Casper is adorable. Well done you for quitting smoking and staying off the cigarettes. You are sure to gain a lot from PR - it's amazing how much you improve after a session.

You can do without the stress so I am happy for you. Concentrate on yourself now :-)

• Thanks for your reply I have promised my hubby and myself that I need to change some things to get the most out of life so slowly but surely changing things x

• Hi Mazinuk, Just a thought, you said you are stepping down because they want you to work 5 days; the Equality Act means that they have to take your disability into account (a long term illness lasting more than 12 months is classed as a disability).

If you are happy to do that then that's fine - just don't like seeing people "bullied" into making decisions that really don't fit what they really want.

Enjoy the PR (always a good option) and ask for a spacer, my Dr said that you get (can't remember the exact difference) a lot more of the spray deep into your lungs.

Best wishes

• Thanks for your reply I'm happy to step down now I've made the decision stress will not be an issue anymore and considerations the fact I not had much of a voice since September it will help that to I'm hoping that everything starts getting better I'm moving department to with no aircon so it should be warmer than at present x

• Hi masunuk love little Casper I have a black pug called bear love him to bits even though he nearly kills me walking him or should I say dragging me haha .Well done for giving up smoking I gave up in 2003 got diagnosed with copd emphysema and asthma in 2012 I believe that I would be a lot worse today if I hadn't so Pat yourself on the back for stopping .

• Well done to you also for giving up smoking and I didn't think about having a dog till my sister dog had pups then I loved him immediately xx

• Sounds as though all going in right direction - love Casper - he's adorable.

• Thanks mazinuk its my sons dog ,but so glad he had him love him to bits .x

You may also like...