Hi been a long time since I wrote a blog .long story 9 yrs ago I stumbled at home and broke my ankle finished up in hospital for four weeks having had surgery to pin srew and plate my ankle . Since then never been able to wear shoes only sandals as shoes rubbed the ankle bone where the screw goes through .Move on 9 yrs and I have developed an ulcer on my ankle bone where the screw goes through xray shows no movement of screw district nurse coming twice a week to put compression bandages on and I have to wear a boot , this has made my walking even more difficult I have an fev1 21 my peak flow is 145 so now one of the district nurses has refered me to the comunity matron who is coming next Monday what can I expect ?

May I just say my doctor and physio tried to refer me and it was refused because I haven't been in hospital for my copd

Sorry for the long blog. Take care everyone. Love all of you

9 Replies

• Hi Newlands, it's nice to hear from you again. I don't have an answer for your question but just wanted to say the ankle problem sounds very very painful. Poor you!!! I have a friend with an ulcer on her leg and she suffers a lot with it. I hope it heals quickly for you.

• Hi thanks for your reply yes ulcer is painful it's nerve pain Ugg ugg

Take care

• Hiya Newlands. From the sounds of it you need to go to Halfords, not the medics. lol I hope you get sorted out soon sweetheart.

Love from Bobby xxxx

• Thanks Bobby lovely to hear from. Old friends Hope Your ok take care

• Hi Newlands, nice to hear from you again. I just wanted to offer some sympathy for your problems and hope things go well with the Matron next Monday. Do let us know how you get on. Take care xxxx

• Hi sassy thanks so much will let you know how I get on take care

• Hi Dorothy sorry to hear of your ankle problems and I really hope you can get it sorted. It's good news you haven't been in hospital for your lung problems but a FEV of 21 sounds very low. I had no idea you were severe like that.

I don't have any answers for your question about the Community Matron but I guess she will put care plans in place for you and see if you have any unmet needs etc. Good luck. xx

• Hi newlands - how nice to see your posts again but so sorry for you - that sounds very painful. Just to wish you lots of luck and a speedy recovery xxx

• Thank you for your good wishes will see what this matron has to say about my copd ! Take care

You may also like...