For all who suffer with chest infections due to COPD just a tip

I would like to add as you all know you do have times when you get a crackle in your chest well I found that if i put vick vapour 1 tsp in a bowl with boiling water and put a towel over your head and inhale it really helps a lot to clear your chest....also Asda do their own which is just as good and it only costs £1-00 ......try it as it does clear your chest.hope this helps.....

10 Replies

• Thank you. I'll give it a go this evening.

• Hi Lillie01, sometimes we forget about the old remedies and at a £1 it certainly worth a try! Sadie xx

• And my husband has been told to rub it on the soles of his feet if he has a crackle cough or infection. Apparently it is easily absorbed! TAD x

• I use menthol crystals from the chemist (old remedy) they clear your nose and chest if you have a cold maybe vick is much the same as it helps breathing clears head too.

• Reminds me of what my mum used to make me do

Your daily tonic

• To everyone here yes vick is very good and someone mentioned the menthl crystals they are very good too.......

• I'm a vicks person too. My Mam always used it in steam for her bad chest. She also rubbed it on my siblings chests when they had a cold. I do it now to my Grandsons.

• My mum used to rub it into our chests when we were little but it used to burn my skin. I tried it with my kids but found it burnt their skin also. I found it was fine if I put a layer of vaseline on their skin first, then a layer of Vick. For breathing at night I have always found Olbas Oil drops on the pillow very useful for me and the children. Vicks in a bowl of steamy water with a towel over the head is useful for catarrh but I find it can irritate a deeper infection. I have never tried it on the soles of the feet but fear it may aggravate the eczema. Whatever works has got to be great. :-) :-) Alison

• My eldest used to go to bed with an empty Vicks bottle under his pillow, wouldn't sleep without it.

• A good all rounder is Vicks :)

You may also like...