PR To do or not

I am starting Pulmonary Rehabilitation next week after a delay of several months because of illnesses and various operations. My doctors have finally signed me off to start it but I must admit to wondering a bit if it is safe for me to do. I am about 5 stone overweight and I haven’t exercised for years. I should really have asked the doctors at the time but for some reason I didn’t think of it. To go or not to go, that is the question. Have any puddin’s out there done PR?

10 Replies

• Sorry. Can't help. Bit of lightweight me ! :D

• Yes you definatly should go. As the doc has signed you off to do it go for it.The staff will not let you overdo things I was overweight when I did it and was fine nobody pushes you beyond your capabilitys and what you get out of it is well worth going for, I think it will help you in lots of ways Good luck if you do decide to go ahead and let us know how you progress Best wishes xx

• Lovemelovemydogs

Thanks for that. I had better heave this poor old body out of this nice comfortable chair. I will leave you with the words of a gallant Briton. "I'm just going outside. I may be some time".

Love from Bobby xxxx

• You will be fine - there are usually lovely ladies to help you :) You'll be in your element and the time will fly by and before you know you will have done your hour of exercising and be sat down for a cup of tea and a listen to the talks. :)

• Tea! Oh yeh, I forgot you wimmin can't do anything without having a talk.

Bobby xxxx

• I am having an assessment mid July and I cannot wait for it. I read somewhere that they had a trampoline BUT they have had that one for a start I carry a lot of padding which wont shift.

• Nice soft landings then.

Love from Bobby xxxx

• Bobby, the PR guys will assess your suitability and you will usually need to complete a 6 minute walk with an oximeter attached to your finger. It is not a race so just pace yourself to suit your fitness. I had just got over a chest infection when I started ( but it came back ) .

I am a great advocate of PR and took all the lessons and advice back home with me. I now exercise properly 4 days out of 7 and I feel and actually look much better. My wife says same.

You will enjoy it, I had a good bunch of people and we had a good laugh too. ... Good Luck.....

• Thanks beatles. Does duckin' and divin' to avoid clouts from the wife qualify as exercise? lol

• Well I do !

You may also like...