British Heart Foundation

Angina

Hi, I’m new to the forum. I have been taking 1.25 mg of Bisoprolol for about 2 years. This has been upped to 2.5 my for 2 weeks because the doctor wants to see if it helps with angina pains I have been having recently. I am never sure if it’s angina or muscular pain when it happens and they don’t happen a lot. However the increase in Bisoprolol is making me feel really tired already. Has anyone else experienced this?

Loey

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Hello loey and welcome to the forum.

I am on bisoprolol too, it does make you tired as it reduces your blood pressure. If you take it in the mornings I get very tired end of afternoon evening, see of you can take it later in the day

I will ask doctor about that but I’m hoping I can go back on 1.25 mg again. I normally have low blood pressure anyway but the day I had my apt. I was rather anxious. How many mg do you take. By the way I see from leaflet that it’s advisable not to have alcohol whilst taking Bisoprolol. Does anyone have advice on this. Thanks again skid112.

Loey

I was on 5 now 1/2 that. Alcohol also makes your heartbeat slower so combined not the best.

You need to work out what you want and what you need. I like a drink, not too much, others have given up.

1 like

That’s good to know. I don’t drink a lot anyway (Type 1 Diabetic). Hard enough keeping eye on blood sugars never mind blood pressure! I do like a nice glass of red wine in the winter months.

Loey

I also take 2.5 every morning before work (stress time!) I initially felt really drowsy & ‘heavy’ but that passed after a few days. It keeps my resting HR at around 60, not sure what it does for my blood pressure. I have a glass of red wine every night & no ill effects I’m aware of. Hope that helps .

Hi Kimlouise. That certainly does help. Thank you. Loey

Hi Loey,

I take 2.5mg of Bisoprolol and did initially feel tired but now don't. I am assuming my body has got used to the dosage. I have been on it since August.

Hope this helps

Nick

Thanks for that Nick. Helps to know this. Loey

1 like

You may also like...